...

...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

November 24th

I was tempted many times to post the things that I am thankful for this year as a facebook status, but resisted, feeling that I would probably think of several thousand more things I was even more thankful for and thus have several thousand facebook updates today. However, I have had all of thanksgiving to think about it, and I came up with a list of the things that this year, I am the happiest to have.

- I am thankful that I did not have to work this thanksgiving, and that I was given enough time off to make it from Philly to Maine and spend the day with my giant family.

-I am thankful for my huge family that all gets together this time of year for thanksgiving and black friday shopping. I feel like it's sort of a rarity that families are able to get together, even for the holidays, and I guess I am just one of those amazingly lucky people that gets to have their family together at the holidays

-I am thankful for all of my amazing friends. I am happy that I am able to keep in touch with all of the people that really matter, in spite of the distance between some of us.

-I am thankful for my tiny apartment in Philadelphia, and my comfortable side of the bed and my kitchen table and my really small sink, and my kitty that wakes me every morning, and my boyfriend that lives there with me and takes care of me and always wakes up to hold me when I have a bad dream.

I could go on and on and on, there are so many little things that I am happy to have in my life! My grandmother remarked today that I seemed really happy. And I am really happy. And that's great.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment