...

...

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Swordfish.

Today I learned that a good friend of mine from high school has passed away. I'm not going to say any more about it, because it isn't my place and I feel like it would be tacky. What I will say is that I will miss him and think of him often, and that the news of his death did something to my perception today. I was suddenly in love with everything- every little thing that I could see and feel and that could make me feel alive- it makes me sad to know that this friend will not be able to experience these things anymore- no more autumn days and crunchy leaves, no more hugs, just empty space and silence. But today the leaves changing colors on the trees, the giant pretzel statue in pretzel park, Doretha bringing me an extra wild cherry capri sun, the pair of four year old twins that must give me hugs once they see me, the intensity of how much I loved all of these little things was overwhelming and wonderful. At least a shred of happiness came from today.

That's all for now.




Perhaps later this week I'll give details of my exploits as mouse-hunter. Just not today.


No comments:

Post a Comment