...

...

Friday, October 26, 2012

My Handsome Friend Telly

When I was working at the slots, I had a strategy that would give me a little "up" when I was feeling down. For every bad thing that happened or that I thought, I would make myself think of two good things, and then I would feel better. I can't take all the credit for this though. My strategy was actually a solitary version of a game invented by my friend, Tyler, and I think it was originally used to make fun of someone, but nevertheless, it helped me get through some of the rougher days of slinging diet coke and feeling unsure about where my life was headed.

After posting my last entry and doing some serious meditation and soul-searching, I have decided to bring back my old strategy. Now, considering the severity of my last post and it's negativity, I have decided that I will share not two, but FOUR good things that have made me happy this week.

1) I got to skype with my handsome friend, Telly last night, who I have not seen in a while. It was very god to catch up, and he gave me a wonderful suggestion for the title of the post this morning!

2) My sister bought THESE SHOES for me, and they arrived at my apartment last night!! Ruby red, just like dorothy!! Lets see those flying monkeys try and catch me now!!

3) I got to spend much of yesterday cooking and watching the Golden Girls. I just love Betty White!!!

4) THIS GUY. There's something about his little face that tells you he knows that today will be a good day. And frankly, who am I to argue with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment