...

...

Friday, January 18, 2013

the oldest


Saturday brunch was off to a slow start this past week, but I was glad to see one of our brunch regulars. She had beat the rush, and so I had time to talk to her.
“We have very similar interests,” I explained to the new guy when he asked me about her. “We like a lot of the same books, and we both like to knit and to cross stitch- she's even given me websites with cute patterns.”
The new guy smiled and shook his head, “you are just- the oldest lady.”

I feel like this might be an offensive statement to some, but I didn't take it as such- mostly because it is true. I'm not really into the bar scene, I like to be able to go to bed early, and I consider a night where I get a few chores done or get to work on my latest craft to be immensely satisfying. Not to mention the fact that I'm a rabid Golden Girls fan. I'd do crazy things for a chance to meet Betty White.

And I don't see that theres anything wrong with that. In those ways, yeah- I am old. I'm really old. And I like it that way.

That's all....


HAPPY FRIDAY!!

2 comments:

  1. That is my life! Home, chores, and if IM lucky enough to get some craft time in.... it's am AMAZING day. I guess I'm old too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect to me!

    http://frommetoaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete