...

...

Sunday, March 9, 2014

"After this weekend, I need a cleanse..."

A strange thing happened last night.  As Ben and I were walking to dinner with a friend of ours, my phone (a droid 3, complete with keyboard , that I have loved dearly....and dropped often over the past few years) turned off, and try as I might, I couldn't get it to turn back on.  Much as I hate to admit it, my entire evening was shrouded in turmoil. Why wouldn't my phone turn back on? Would it ever turn on again? Had anybody updated their Facebook page recently? GASP!! Was I missing text messages??

We did have a delicious dinner at Uskudar, though. And 16 Handles just happened to be on the route I insisted we take home. That definitely eased the pain. 

Today, J and F came in from Queens for some shopping, currywurst, and dessert at Rice to Riches. It certainly hasn't been the healthiest weekend ever, but it HAS been delicious!!!

And, since I'm sure you are all dying to know, after about 20 hours sans phone, I popped into the Verizon store for an upgrade...I now have an iPhone which Ben has programmed to do all kinds of fancy things.  It's an addiction in the making.

There were, however, zero missed text messages and zero Facebook norifications. Sigh. All that angst for nothing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend??


No comments:

Post a Comment