...

...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

January's WINNING-est!!

Here they are!!! The three most winning-est things I've seen this month!! ENJOY!

3) At the end of my street there is a diner that looks adorable, but we somehow have not managed to get to yet. Outside of this diner are a bunch of free newspaper bins, one of which belongs to Philly's famed, independent "CITY PAPER." Ben and I used it once to wrap each other's Christmas presents, and hey, who could have known that it would go so well?? Turns out there are several pages of...ahem...."adult" classifieds, complete with pictures and vivid descriptions. Christmas wrap AND a good laugh? What more could you want from a free newspaper?? I have the answer. THIS. Now, I'll admit, there are a couple of these that are very sad and/or heartfelt, and to the people who submitted those, I hope everything works out for you. To even fewer- THANK YOU for being so positive!! BUT THE REST OF YOU: how awesome must it feel to have your road rage, complete with a wish that all of this reckless driver's children die of brain tumors, in print?? And the woman who was scored by Kenneth, the man that spews lies, GOOD FOR YOU! Your publication of his flaws will ABSOLUTELY do something other than make you seem like a crazy person. I mean, I'm sorry he dumped you, but get some wine and watch the notebook like the rest of us. I can't really decide who this is more of a win for- CITY PAPER, which came up with this idea, or for me, because now I get to read them all. Who knows, maybe these love/hates are a good way for people to blow off steam so that they don't become violent. But if you ask me, it's just a way for them to blow up the newsprint and make themselves look like idiots. That I can laugh at, of course.

2) I know that some might say that Gingrich was the winner here, but trust me, I'm pretty sure Jon Stewart won this debate, which is quite a feat, considering he was not in attendance.

1) Melissa McCarthy, who has been nominated for an Oscar for her work in "Bridesmaids." I think that's freakin' awesome. She was hilarious in that movie. cha-ching!! WINNING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa getting nominated was such a winning moment!!! I can't wait to watch the Oscars!

    ReplyDelete