...

...

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adventures In Apartment 6D

The following is an actual conversation that took place between 4:00 and 5:00 am.


Mandy: (rolls over, pets cat, and opens eyes slightly to see something round and shiny- a cockroach- on the edge of the bed) *GASP!* OH MY GOD!

Ben: (starts from sleep) What is it?

Mandy: Ahhhhh OH NO! OH NO! OH NO!

Ben: Are you okay? What's going on?

Mandy: (spoken very quickly while trying to put Ben between herself and shiny round object) Ben I think there's a cockroach on the edge of the bed and I don't like it and I don't want to deal with it and ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Ben: Where?

Mandy: (points) over there! over there! I think it's on the edge of the bed! It's round and shiny and I don't want to see it!

Ben: Well, close your eyes then, I'm going to turn on the light. (Snaps light on). Mandy, that isn't a cockroach. That is one of the handles of your purse.

Mandy: Oh. Oops!!


After I apologized profusely, Ben went back to sleep, and I struggled to get my heart rate down to a resting speed. PHEW!! Who knows what I would have done if it actually HAD been a roach.

No comments:

Post a Comment