...

...

Monday, February 11, 2013

...well, I thought it was funny...

Saturday morning was off to a rough start. After fielding a distressing phone call about one of my relatives (she was in surgery- she is now recovering and doing well, considering), I was walking to work and a giant hunk of ice came tumbling off a building and hit my head. When I regained my composure and finally made it to the restaurant (10 minutes late), I was convinced that Saturday would be a bad day, and there was nothing that could happen that would possibly put me in a better mood.

However.

I did not anticipate this particular couple coming in to have brunch. They were young and good-looking, and at first I was jealous because I never get to go to brunch with my beau on the weekends. I took their order and went about my business, and then I saw it. On the floor. Next to their table. At first I wasn't sure if the falling ice had had some sort of residual effect on my brain, but it was there, unmistakable. A condom.

Before you get too grossed out, I want to point out that it was still in the package. But it was just laying there while they drank their Mimosas. I wondered if I should point that out to them, but resisted for fear that it was some sort of 'candid camera' situation. I mean, is there a "good" way for that to be handled?? I assumed that just letting it lie, so to speak, was the best solution. Luckily, one of them DID see it and snatch it up before they left, but for some reason, the whole thing struck me as incredibly funny. In addition, the new guy brought me a banana, and I was disproportionately happy about eating it.


Maybe that falling ice DID have some lasting effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment