...

...

Friday, May 17, 2013

--itis.

I've been having a little bit of trouble focusing this week. Now, don't get me wrong, I usually do struggle with focus, particularly on my days off, but it's sort of an opposite feeling than the way I feel now. Typically, my problem lies in the fact that I have a lot of different ideas for a lot of different projects (both school-related and...non-school-related...) and I can't quite decide what to settle on first. I usually end up with a bunch of partially done things at the end of the day, and need to deliberate on what should be prioritized first. I don't mind that so much. To me, it feels better than just laying around not doing anything. Which has sort of been my problem this week.

It can't be senior-itis. I am nowhere near completing my masters. So let's just call it end-of-the-semester-itis (wow, that just flows RIGHT off the tongue...). I feel like I am so close to the end...I only have a couple of things left to do....and yet I can't bring myself to actually finish them. Illogical as it may be, it is my current predicament. I have a take home test, a curriculum plan to finish, and *sigh* one last observation to nail down. Not to mention that the house is a mess and if I don't do some laundry soon- let's just say that it won't be pretty.



I WILL TAKE CARE OF THESE THINGS TODAY! Wish me luck! At least it's cloudy outside. When its sunny that saucy minx known as Central Park coaxes me outside for a longer-than-necessary run. Or walk. Or seat on the bench watching the area first-graders play capture the flag.

Hope everybody enjoys their Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone catches the itis at the end of the semester, I call it burnout...good luck Miss. Mandy! The end is near, keep breathing :-)

    ReplyDelete