...

...

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give ALL the Thanks!





The turkey is already in the oven. From what I hear, it's been there since six. My mother has taken to cooking it in a bag- a practice which she believes negates the fact that it will be in there for seven hours and helps keep it moist. She is mistaken. But it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without an exceptionally dry turkey, so bring on that baking bag!

Last Thanksgiving, I was very fortunate to be able to come home and have dinner with my family. However, I was not so fortunate that I was able to stay for the whole day. I had to leave for the city right after dinner was over. But this year, I am able to stay for the whole weekend, which is pretty awesome. I will be able to join the women in my family for our traditional Black Friday insanity, which is even more awesome, and Thanksgiving-giving will be celebrated once more, with the very best friends in the world. And that is really really great.

Several of my facebook friends have spent the duration of November listing things that they are thankful for this year. In hindsight, I wish that I had done that as well, because I have a tremendous amount to be thankful for this year. That's a wonderful feeling.

I am thankful for my new job, and my great co-workers, and my AMAZING kiddos. I'm thankful for my health, my family, my friends, my Ben, my really nice cat-sitter, and just for how happy my life is.

All of those, of course, and refrigerator magnets....

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Mandy! I love the magnets! Each year that passes I too look back and think "Oh I should have done that thankful/aday fb status thing". Glad that you can spend the whole day with your family before going back to the city! Do you know the blog that the pictures at the top of your post is from? I'm a HUGE fan of hyperbole and a half are you!?!?! Her book is coming out soon/already out I'm not sure. But I'm thankful for that lol HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete